Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wow - long time, no blog

Yeah, so life's been a little nuts. It's been a long time since my last blog post. In fact, I seriously debated giving up blogging. The thought crossed my mind..."I don't have time for this nonsense." But then I remembered I'm a writer. And writers...well...we write. It's a cleansing process. Sort of a metaphoric soul-dump. And thanks to one of my dearest friend's most excellent progress on wrapping up a book she's writing, I'm now inspired to return some attention to my own languoring manuscript. What's my excuse, really?

House hunting is...painful. I just want to get it over with. Done deal. Move on. I'm such a "J". I don't like the whole offer-counteroffer dance. Feels like a stupid game to me...to the tune of thousands of my hard-earned money. Either take my damn money or don't. But don't waste my time with dickering over the whole thing. Grrr. I'll be glad to just get settled in a new home that is officially ours and not feel like I'm so out-of-place. New person coming in to our team in December, and uh, where's he gonna sit until I get my ass out of there? I am not a patient woman. There it is. The ugly truth.

It's nice to have today off work. I have a video script I should be writing for our execs. But I think I'll save that for later tonight with a glass (or three) of red wine. Ha! Now that I found my iPod (glory be!), I think I'll go under the earbuds and work on my book. I need to calm down and focus on the many reasons to give thanks.

BTW - can I just say that the new Dragon Age Origins game kicks proverbial butt? Dang -- what an awesome RPG. So many twists and turns. And every storyline is different. I really have to give the creators props. It's complex and delightful on so many levels. I am always a mage in these things. Being a soldier or a rogue seems so...mundane somehow. I'm kinda weird. I know.

Well, enough randomness for one day. Anyhoo, I'm back. Hopefully, soon I'll have a house to blog about!

0 comments: